Fletcher Reinforcing is New Zealand’s leading fabricator and supplier of reinforcing steel and associated products to the building and construction industry. We are part of Fletcher Building, a diversified global industry company.
Fletcher Reinforcing is looking for a Business Development manager to join our team! Reporting into our Head of Reinforcing, this role has overall accountability for driving sales and servicing existing relationships to increase market penetration. You will play a key strategic position, contributing a significant part in the sustainability of financial performance of the organisation.
Key responsibility of this role includes;
- Develop and grow customer relationships – most of your work will be project based so you’ll need to be resilient and driven
- Oversee the pipeline of project opportunities – track, monitor and ensure early engagement with clients with a focus on project methodology and opportunities to differentiate
- Providing a high level of customer service with a strong problem-solving mentality
- Provide leadership and specialist customer or product knowledge at a national level
- Collaboration with Fletcher Reinforcing suppliers of steel and accessories to understand their product lines and the added value we can bring to the customers project
- Confidently act on behalf of Fletcher Reinforcing and work cohesively when negotiating on contracts
What you need to be successful;
- A proven track record in a similar Business Development role, securing key project opportunities across multiple sectors and regions
- A strong understanding of the construction sector and working knowledge of the Construction Contracts Act
- Strong commercial aptitude
- Experience of project-based delivery – commercial and/or infrastructure experience will hold you in high regard
- You will be a resilient self-starter who has a positive attitude and a ‘go-getter’ mentality who enjoys working autonomously
- Excellent communication skills with proven ability to negotiate and present at a senior level
- A passionate team player who can motivate and contribute to a positive culture by actively sharing growth strategies and success stories
- Excellent package and genuine leadership position in a reputable business
- Huge opportunity to make an impact and drive change
- Challenging role in an ever-changing industry
- Full management support and business backing
- Additional benefit and career opportunities of working for one of NZ’s largest employers.
If this sounds like you or you want to know more, please apply online and we will be in touch to discuss your application.
We are committed to providing a safe and drug free work place. Successful applicants will be required to pass a drug and alcohol test prior to commencement of employment. All applicants should have residency in New Zealand.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply to any of our vacant positions. Talk to us about our flexible working arrangements and career pathways.