Firth is a leading supplier of ready mixed concrete, masonry products and premix to the construction industry either directly or through building product distributors. It has over 2,500 active customer accounts and its products are used across all building sectors and environments.
We currently are looking for a Concrete Batcher /Driver to join our team in Gisborne, where you will be responsible for producing concrete that meets all regulatory, customer, and Firth standards and requirements in a timely fashion in order to meet loading schedules.
This role is a senior member of the plant, and requires great communication with all members of the plant, including the fleet of drivers.
To be considered for the role you will need to:
- Hold a current NZ Class 4 Licence
- Road ranger gearbox experience
- Heavy traffic driving experience or vehicle with unstable loads
- Good customer interaction skills
- Be committed to producing quality in quantity
- Be focused and well organised
- Demonstrate a positive and proactive approach
- Demonstrate a high level of commitment to safe work practices
The role does have a physical element so a good level of fitness is required.
This is an excellent opportunity for those who are building a career in the concrete/construction industry to take on that next level of responsibility and technical expertise. On offer is a competitive hourly rate, and you will enjoy the on-going benefits and career opportunities of working for a leading NZ business, as well as all the benefits that come with being part of the Fletcher Building Group
For your opportunity to make it with Firth Industries please text or Sangeetha on 0272478474 or apply now!