We are on the lookout for a Commercial Manager to join our Brian Perry Civil team in the Christchurch. Reporting directly to the Branch Manager, this is a dynamic role, and a great opportunity for the right person the take the lead and initiative on developing and implementing strategies and governance for commercial reporting, delivery and risk awareness. As such, you will have a key part to play in the commercial aspects around securing and setting up projects, then working with the delivery teams and stakeholders to maximise the long-term return to our business.
• You offer a strong and proven commercial track record within the infrastructure industry
• You will demonstrate an ability to meet financial reporting deadlines and work at pace to deliver outstanding results
• You will be adept at realising our contractual entitlements and pursue them with vigour, whilst maintaining proactive and collaborative relationships with Clients
• You have a QS background (or similar), and will be someone who has developed significant construction-based experience, with an interest in risk and opportunity
• Able to take full commercial responsibility for all aspects of project performance, delivery and reporting
• Have a concise communication style, with the ability to negotiate with and influence stakeholders
• A mind for numbers – interpreting and analysing data, understanding and relaying commercial risk factors, devising robust and astute recommendations
• Similarly you will be able to offer advice and support to other project functions, in order for them to better identify and manage project cost and commercial risks
• You offer excellent leadership capability and provide support, coaching and guidance to the commercial/QS team that you will need to grow
Our preference is for someone who has worked in a Commercial Manager position within the construction sector, with a bigger picture view allowing you to positively interact with and influence others. You will understand the linkages between different delivery aspects, and you will be someone who offers a very real ‘roll your sleeves’ up approach in relation to getting involved with the procurement and delivery teams. This will see you developing a strong rapport with the people and teams that contribute towards the successful award of a project.
Brian Perry Civil is a leading and award-winning New Zealand specialist foundation and civil contractor. As part of the overall Fletcher Building Group, we undertake a wide range of challenging civil construction projects throughout New Zealand and the South Pacific with specialities including piling, retaining wall and ground improvement works.
For your opportunity to make it with Brian Perry Civil, please click apply now.