PlaceMakers is a dynamic, interesting and fast paced environment to work in. We also happen to be one of New Zealand's leading and largest suppliers of building materials and a very successful business unit within the wider Fletcher Building Group. With our national reach, we are proud of our commitment to bring better value and innovative solutions to our customers.
We continue to reinforce our strong reputation in the market and as a result, we are seeking to increase our capability at PlaceMakers Mt. Maunganui with the addition of a Commercial Pricing Manager. Join us and help build a better New Zealand by ensuring that nobody is easier to do business with!
Why work for us?
Being part of PlaceMakers Mt. Maunganui means joining a passionate team focused on service excellence, delivering results and celebrating success. In this role, you will be rewarded with a competitive remuneration package which is in line with the industry, and your skills and ability. Plus, you will get a huge sense of achievement in delivering outstanding pricing work and winning strategies!
What does a day in the life of a Pricing Manager look like?
As you already know, bids are a high-stakes and ultra-competitive and you will play a critical part to winning new work. Reporting to the Trade Sales Manager and working closely with our Account Managers and suppliers, you will deliver a quality pricing strategy to support our trade and commercial customers in the tender process. Working on a range of key commercial projects in the region, you will acquire a thorough understanding of clients’ requirements ensuring we provide pricing information that is timely, accurate, and competitive. You will also engage and lead our Estimations team working continuously to provide customers with the best service to maintain and grow our market share.
What does it take to make it as a Pricing Manager with us?
- Industry Knowledge - You know the ins and outs of the building sector and understand how the tender process works
- Commercial Focus – You will have strong analytical and numerical abilities with solid understanding of commercial pricing procedures
- Communication – You can keep your team engaged and motivated whilst managing expectations of your key stakeholders
- Product and Systems Knowledge – You have solid understanding of building products and proficiency in computer systems such as MS Excel, Build-it, and ACE
- Organisation – You will be described as the organiser and your resilience and ability to be solution-oriented even when under pressure will certainly come in handy in this ever-changing environment
Don’t miss this outstanding opportunity to work for an industry leader with a truly diverse business and a challenging and rewarding environment! Plus, working in Mt. Maunganui means living in a town with an energetic yet laid-back vibe with plenty of lifestyle activities. Indeed, a great place to work and play!
Please note - A pre-employment medical/drug assessment is required. Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Applications close 13th December, Friday.