About Laminex Australia
We’ve been a part of the iconic Australian design landscape for over 85 years. Only a few short years after Australian’s fell in love with Vegemite, families were spreading their toast in kitchens and on tables made by us. We’ve come a long way.
Today, you’ll see Laminex on surfaces everywhere you look - be it hospitals, shopping centres, restaurants or your home. We manufacture and procure a broad range of products for commercial and residential use such as laminate, engineered stone and veneers so that all Australians can live in beautiful, practical spaces.
Based in our Canberra location, you will be the first port of call for inbound customer queries related to our Laminex products, orders and deliveries among other more bespoke requests. With over thousands of SKUs in our product range, and a customer base in the hundreds, this is a pivotal role delivering winning outcomes for the most important stakeholders we have – our customers!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administrative support including banking, reporting, and customer database management
- Sales support as required, providing information regarding availability of product and any other ad hoc requests such as sending samples to customers.
- Being the go-to for our customer queries and orders whether on the phone, face to face or via email.
- Effective data entry and systems management to ensure orders are logged accurately, invoices are delivered and quotes are followed up in a timely manner.
- Following up on deliveries, coordinating with the warehouse and making contact with customer regarding any hold ups or delays.
Skills and Experience:
You’ll have a natural people skills and a flair for dealing with customers and colleagues professionally on the phone, on email and in person, along with the following skills and experience:
- An affinity with design and technical nous
- Attention to detail
- Proven ability to pick up software systems and business processes, for example CRM
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to prioritise tasks effectively
This is a great opportunity to join our successful team in Canberra, where you can really leave your mark on our people, customers and business. You’ll be encouraged to think outside the box and innovate to support increases in market share.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply to any of our vacant positions. Talk to us about our flexible working arrangements and career pathways.