Higgins (part of the Fletcher Building Group) is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. Many people have built great careers with Higgins over the last 50 years. As a member of the Higgins Green Team that opportunity is open to you as we work, grow and have fun together building tomorrows New Zealand.
Are you ready to build a great career with Higgins? This is an opportunity to be part of the Waipa DC road maintenance contract to plan and deliver network inspections for cyclic activities. Your key focuses will be on inspecting assets to ensure they meet the requirements of the Contract’s Maintenance Specifications and supervising cyclic field crews to ensure that works are completed safely, efficiently and to a high standard. You will be on a rotating on-call duty roster and need to be able to work the occasional night shift.
You will liaise with key staff to ensure the efficient implementation of physical works. These works include culvert & drainage, pavement & footpath and non-structural bridge maintenance, as well as emergency response, sweeping, litter collection, tree trimming, traffic management and after-hours incident response.
About the Role & Our Ideal Candidate
· Minimum 2 years road maintenance experience
· Road inspection experience
· L1 STMS qualification
· Ability to manage, coach and train crew members
· Previous experience using RAMM desired but not essential
· Commitment to the highest standards of health and safety
· Demonstrated ability, willingness and commitment to be multi-skilled and up-skilled
· Be a reliable, honest, flexible team-player
· Competitive Salary
• On-going training and development
• Fletchers Benefits Programme, including discounted health insurance, family scholarships & share schemes.
How to Apply:
Up for your next career step? If so, we would love to hear from you!Please apply directly online.