Higgins (part of the Fletcher Building Group) is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. Many people have built great careers with Higgins over the last 60 years. As a member of the Higgins Green Team that opportunity is open to you as we work, grow and have fun together building tomorrows New Zealand.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are undertaking maintenance activities as part of the Waipa DC Maintenance Contract, based at our Te Awamutu Depot. In this role, you will undertake routine road/cyclic maintenance activities and minor road repairs. These works include boundary to boundary carriageway maintenance, emergency repairs as well as incident response.
This is a permanent full-time position, with a rotating on-call duty roster. You need to be able to work the occasional week on night shift.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Experience in a similar role is essential
• Managing onsite work on a day to day basis, setting goals and programming the days movements
• Class 2 licence and WTR endorsement is a must, Class 4 would be advantageous
• STMS level 1 qualification and experience is essential
• Experience in hand laying of Asphalt would be advantageous
• Self-motivation, a positive attitude and the ability to think for yourself
• A reasonable level of physical fitness, due to the physical nature of the position
• Be a reliable, honest, flexible team-player
• Competitive Hourly Rate
• On-going training and development
• Access to the Fletchers Benefit Programme, including discounted health insurance, family scholarships & share schemes.
How to apply?
Please apply directly online with your CV today.
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand