Help us build New Zealand! PlaceMakers is New Zealand’s leading and largest supplier of building materials to New Zealand’s commercial and residential construction markets. We employ more than 2,100 people in over 60 locations across the country and stock more than 100,000 product lines from concrete to paint and plasterboard.
Reporting to the Trade Sales Manager, we have a newly created role which will be responsible for the leadership, performance, professional development and well-being of our Mt Wellington based account management team. As the Field Sales Manager you will develop, implement and successfully execute appropriate sales strategies enabling a team of 7 account managers to achieve revenue targets by maximising sales opportunities.
This is a hands-on leadership role that will require a multi-skilled leader with a balanced approach to manage day-to-day activities and management responsibilities including but not limited to -
- Leading sales effectiveness with a focus on improving call quantity, quality and focus by working alongside our team on the frontline, this is a field based role where you should expect more time on the road than behind a desk.
- Leading and supporting the team, providing feedback, reviewing performance on a monthly basis and providing coaching where required
- Developing an excellent understanding of customer needs and how the business can profitably serve these
- Developing a trade sales/category growth plan in conjunction with the Trade Sales Manager optimising share of wallet
You are a highly motivated and self-driven individual with proven ability to build a high-performing team with a strong sales focus. You’re passionate and innovative with a burning desire to succeed and develop your team to the next level of their career.
Additional Skills Required:
- Experience in a similar role and breadth of responsibility
- Hands-on leadership style with positive and engaging personality to drive the best out of your team
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to communicate effectively at all levels to handle issues and queries with care and consideration
- Business acumen and proficiency in computer systems
- Strong understanding of the full sales process within the building industry is highly preferred
What’s on offer?
Being part of a market leader, you will be fully supported to develop a long-standing career – There are so many success stories here! A competitive base salary with an achievable bonus structure plus a company vehicle and tools of the trade are on offer as well as many genuine opportunities for professional development within PlaceMakers and the wider Fletcher Building Group.
Take the next step and register your interest today!
Please note: A pre-employment medical, including a drug test is required as well as the legal right to work in NZ indefinitely.