At Iplex Pipelines our people, with their 'can do' attitude, are committed to identifying the most efficient and effective ways to meet all of our customer's needs. We are the largest Australian owned and operated pipe and fittings manufacturing business in Australia with manufacturing and distribution capabilities in all States as well as New Zealand.
As a Financial Accountant, you will contribute to the delivery of accurate and timely financial reporting information. Reporting to the Finance Controller, you will be working among a small close-knit team which forms part of a larger finance operations team. This role is located at our Iplex Pipelines Strathpine manufacturing plant.
What you will be doing
- Preparation and submission of financial reporting, including forecasts and budgets
- Preparation and processing of general ledger journal entries, and balance sheet reconciliations
- Maintenance of the General Ledger and daily integrity checking of general ledger control accounts
- Maintenance of the Capital WIP and Asset Management system, including capitalisation of completed assets into the Fixed Asset Register
- Administration of the businesses treasury function including preparing foreign currency supplier payments, organising Letters of Credit, and administration of foreign exchange hedging arrangements
- Relevant tertiary degree qualification with at least five years’ relevant work experience
- Membership or currently studying for membership of a recognised Australian accounting body
- Knowledge of relevant Australian Accounting Standards and International Financial Reporting Standards
- Demonstrated experience working within large ERP systems and complex financial reporting packages
- Advanced skills within Microsoft Excel. Intermediate skills with Microsoft Access preferred
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply to any of our vacant positions. Talk to us about our flexible working arrangements and career pathways.