We are looking for a Geotechnical Engineer to join our solutions focused Geotechnical team to further strengthen our technical capability, to be based in Highbrook, Auckland.
We are open to the level of this role and will look at individuals with intermediate to senior Geotechnical Engineering experience, either possessing CPEng status (or be close to obtaining).
You will be working on projects involved with geotechnical temporary works, feasibility reviews and design, through to tender support, methodology development, detailed design and support of on-site delivery teams. This role has been designed to suit someone looking for an opportunity to be at the leading edge of temporary works design, piling works and ground improvement.
Our in-house geotechnical team has a strong, collaborative and solution focused culture to provide optimal solutions for our clients and customers.
We are looking for a strong team player with a passion for geotechnical engineering and the following attributes, competencies and experience in our successful candidate:
• An appropriate tertiary level qualification in geotechnical engineering or civil engineering
• CPEng status or close to (highly preferable)
• At least 3 years’ post-grad experience (ideally working for a contracting firm)
• Strong design capabilities (temporary works design)
• Exposure to foundation and seismic design
• A real hands-on, can-do approach
• The ability to work autonomously and be self-directed
• Experience with standard geotechnical design software and FE modelling
• A focus on delivering fit for purpose practical solutions
• A desire to more actively contribute and participate in solving construction and on-site related issues
• A track record in coming up with innovative cost-effective designs and solutions.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Brian Perry Civil is a leading and award-winning New Zealand specialist civil and foundation contractor. As part of the overall Fletcher Building Group, we undertake a wide range of challenging civil construction projects throughout New Zealand and the South Pacific with specialities including piling, retaining wall and ground improvement works.
Make a difference to our business and advance your career. At Brian Perry Civil you will enjoy the benefits and recognition of working for a well-respected business unit within the Fletcher Building Group. Along with a competitive remuneration package, this opportunity will also be an idea platform for high performers to be ‘seen’ within the group and by your peers.
If you think you have what it takes to take on this challenging yet rewarding position, then we want to hear from you! Click ‘Apply’ to submit your application.