Fletcher Insulation is part of the Fletcher Building Group and is one of Australia’s leading insulation companies. Fletcher Insulation supplies well-known brands of insulation to customer across Australia including Pink Batts® insulation, Sisalation® reflective foil and Permastop® building blanket. We pride ourselves on being a customer leading business – ahead of the game for our customers, every single day.
We convert recycled glass into a product that reduces energy bill, provides comfort to living and working spaces, but most importantly helps to reduce the impact on the environment. To come to work each day knowing that you contribute to this is not only rewarding but extremely satisfying, this is a great opportunity for a passionate Production Manager or similar.
We currently have a vacancy for a Hot End Manager to be based at our Dandenong manufacturing plant. Reporting to the Site Manager, the purpose of this role is to manage and support the Batch/Binder and Hot End Operations at the Dandenong facility.
The Batch/Binder and Hot End process requires considerable technical input to ensure that we make consistent product, it also requires a strong leader to implement change, develop standard operating procedures and parameters.
This role will work closely with the Continuous Improvement Manager, Hot End Process Engineer and Maintenance Planner to ensure robust systems and processes are developed and implemented to ensure reliable and consistent operation.
Your skills and experience:
We are looking for –
- Demonstrated experience in a supervisory/ management role
- Process or Mechanical Engineering degree desirable, or an experienced tradesperson with process experience
- Experience in the glass industry would be advantageous.
- Experience in managing process improvement initiatives and small Capex projects
- Exceptional communication and influencing skills
- A strong team ethic
- Confident in the use of MS Project , Word, Excel, & Outlook
Fletcher Building & Our Benefits
Together, we are part of the Fletcher Building group with more than 16,000 employees across New Zealand, Australia and the South Pacific. Our Australian division employs over 5,500 people in our manufacturing, distribution, sales and retail sites across the country. We understand that our people are our greatest asset and as we continue to invest in building engaged and effective teams who deliver great results for our customers, we are guided by our five core values - customer leading, play fair, better every day, be bold, and better together.
- Employee Education Fund – funding for further education & courses
- Staff Discounts – generous discounts within the Fletcher Building group
- Learning Academy – an award winning learning academy supporting your career development
- FBuShare – a share scheme allowing you to feel ownership of the business in which you work
- Our businesses! Laminex Australia, Iplex Pipelines, Fletcher Insulation, Tradelink, Tasman Sinkware, Stramit, Rocla and Australian Construction Products.
- Making a product that impacts the environment positively
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply to any of our vacant positions. Talk to us about our flexible working arrangements and career pathways.
How to apply
Interested in joining the Fletcher Building family? Please click the ‘Apply’ button below.
Agencies please note: This recruitment assignment is being managed directly by our Fletcher Building Talent Acquisition team. We will certainly reach out to our external partners if we require additional talent options. Your respect for this process is appreciated.