As part of the Fletcher Building Group, Fletcher Insulation is Australia’s leading insulation products company, supplying our favourite brands of insulation to customers across Australia. These products include Pink Batts® insulation, Sisalation® reflective foil and Permastop® building blanket, just to name a few.
We look forward to you joining the team at Fletcher Insulation in Dandenong. As our Laboratory Technician and working from our brand-new NATA accredited laboratory you will manage our product compliance process where you will undertake certification testing and reporting of our products. You will maintain and manage all necessary records required for product compliance and ongoing NATA accreditation of the laboratory.
You will also be working closely with the technical team for product development, quality control and process improvement. This will require you to carry out new product testing, quality assurance (QA) testing and provide the associated reporting of analytical results.
- Carry out day to day lab testing work including sample preparation, machine calibration and minor maintenance
- Provide test data analysis and interpretation (statistical analysis) and conduct inter-laboratory testing programs
- Assist in developing a suitable QA program and undertake QA testing on raw material and finished products
- Provide technical support, sample testing for customer complaints
- Assist in production trials with product improvement or new product development and maintain test report database
- Assist in maintaining laboratory quality management system
- A tertiary qualification in Applied Science or Engineering
- Prior quality assurance experience within a manufacturing process environment and conducting lab tests
- Problem-solving and analytical skills with the ability to explain the findings and provide suggestions for improvement
- Strong time management skills, ability to deliver results within the specified timeline
- Highly motivated individual with a desire for continuous learning and development
- Competent with Microsoft Office suite of programs.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply to any of our vacant positions. Talk to us about our flexible working arrangements and career pathways.
Interested in joining the Fletcher Building family? Apply today!