Help us build New Zealand! PlaceMakers is New Zealand's leading and largest supplier of building materials to New Zealand’s commercial and residential construction markets. Part of New Zealand’s largest listed company, Fletcher Building, we employ more than 2,100 people in over 60 locations across the country and stock more than 100,000 product lines from concrete to paint and plasterboard.
We are looking for a driven and experienced sales professional to assist growth in PlaceMakers Mt. Wellington Asian customer base across all categories and services. This role offers a great blend of business development and account management. Most of your time will be spent prospecting for new business leveraging on your network to target a wide variety of different-sized clients across Auckland. You will be supported by the wider team to succeed and be given the autonomy to use your initiative to develop your own pipeline and build ongoing customer relations. The rest of your time will be spent with your inherited portfolio of warm accounts to manage and grow, ensuring to keep an active call cycle to support high levels of customer satisfaction.
Skills and Experience Required:
- As you will be playing a lead role in developing brand awareness and capturing sales opportunities, your passion for building rapport and long-lasting customer relationships is a must!
- You must be a confident communicator and able to speak in English and Mandarin.
- You must have the problem-solving skills employing a solutions-focused approach to partner with our clients and grow with them.
- Lead generation and business development are key elements of the role so your strong network of contacts will be advantageous.
- Your good grasp of technical and product knowledge is essential to deliver exceptional results.
- We are after someone who has direct building industry and merchant experience.
What's in it for you?
The potential of this role is huge. Being part of a market leader, you will have the brand power as you go on developing your career and improving customer relations enabling you to add real value to the business. You will receive a competitive salary and bonus package as well as a company vehicle and generous staff-buying privileges that come with being part of a well-regarded business that offers its staff genuine opportunities for career development.
Get on board with a household name in building and trade products and join our journey of growth at PlaceMakers Mt. Wellington!
Please note a full pre-employment medical and drug test is required as well as being legally entitled to work in NZ indefinitely.