About Laminex Australia:
We’ve been a part of the iconic Australian design landscape for over 85 years. Only a few short years after Australian’s fell in love with Vegemite, families were spreading their toast in kitchens and on tables made by us. We’ve come a long way.
Today, you’ll see Laminex on surfaces everywhere you look - be it hospitals, shopping centres, restaurants or your home. We manufacture and procure a broad range of products for commercial and residential use such as laminate, engineered stone and veneers so that all Australians can live in beautiful, practical spaces.
About the Role:
We currently have a vacancy for a Manufacturing Manager - HPL at our Cheltenham site. The Manufacturing Manager is accountable for leading the HPL manufacturing team in delivering the annual business plan of the manufacturing unit to meet the EHS, output, costs, operating efficiency and specification requirements of the business. You will achieve this by leading and supporting the manufacturing team and associated frontline shift teams to deliver their individual and collective targets.
In this role you will promote continuous improvement in quality, safety at work, productivity, reduction in waste and costs to achieve best practice manufacturing standards.
This will be achieved by coaching, developing, training and motivating the team (the team leaders and process operators) through regular feedback and participation in group decisions, open communication and priority setting.
You will also be actively involved in developing the medium to longer term improvement and development strategies for the Site’s personnel and equipment, and you will work closely with the Support Services Manager in maintaining a high level of cooperation between site teams.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills/ experience:
- Previous experience in managing & coordinating a multi-disciplined workforce - trades, process operators and technical support
- Demonstrated leadership experience, with a proven track record in coaching teams and individuals to achieve organisational outcomes
- Process knowledge in decorative panels manufacture or similar industry would be advantageous
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to communicate across all levels of the business unit.
- A total commitment to safety
- Understanding of typical mechanical and electrical systems used in large industrial facilities.
- Demonstrable Knowledge and experience of Lean Manufacturing principles
- Logical & methodical with well-developed problem-solving ability and the ability to prioritise effectively and work under pressure to deadlines
- Good computer literacy (MS Office) and a working knowledge of computerized production management systems
Together, we are part of the Fletcher Building Group. Our Australian division employs over 5,500 people across manufacturing, distribution, sales and retail sites across Australia. We understand that our people are our greatest asset and as we continue to invest in building engaged and effective teams who deliver great results for our customers, we are guided by our five core values - customer leading, play fair, better every day, be bold, and better together.
If you want to work within a collaborative, results focused environment with a strong team spirit, and you have the above experience, please apply today! We offer a supportive working environment with a great career development platform, and a competitive rate.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply to any of our vacant positions. Talk to us about our flexible working arrangements and career pathways.
How to apply
Interested in joining the Fletcher Building family? Please click the ‘Apply’ button below.
Applications close Tuesday 24th September.
Agencies please note: This recruitment assignment is being managed directly by our Fletcher Building Talent Acquisition team. We will certainly reach out to our external partners if we require additional talent options. Your respect for this process is appreciated.