About Laminex Australia:
We’ve been a part of the iconic Australian design landscape for over 85 years. Only a few short years after Australian’s fell in love with Vegemite, families were spreading their toast in kitchens and on tables made by us. We’ve come a long way.
Today, you’ll see Laminex on surfaces everywhere you look - be it hospitals, shopping centres, restaurants or your home. We manufacture and procure a broad range of products for commercial and residential use such as laminate, engineered stone and veneers so that all Australians can live in beautiful, practical spaces.
About the Role:
We currently have a vacancy for a Mechanical Reliability Coordinator at our Gympie site. In this role your responsibilities will include:
- Co-ordinating the maintenance of mechanical equipment to maximise production, underpinning the continuous operation of the plant.
- Contributing to achieving a high level of workplace safety.
- Improving operational reliability within your work area.
- Providing mechanical support and guidance to production and maintenance teams in all situations including: - safety, quality, environmental, planning / scheduling and maintenance, whether planned or unplanned.
- Providing leadership support for the mechanical team including coaching and development of individuals and contribution to positive team building.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills/ experience:
- Trade qualified in the field of mechanical maintenance, or mechanical engineering qualification.
- Experience in a Manufacturing and / or Mining environment.
- Experienced in leading and supervising small teams.
- Demonstrated skills in planning, organising and allocation of mechanical work and resources
- Excellent safety leadership and risk mindfulness
- Sound knowledge of preventative maintenance principles and techniques
- Experience in installation, operation, service, fault finding, repair and maintenance of plant equipment.
- Well-developed time management and problem-solving skills.
- High level written and verbal communication skills, along with effective interpersonal skills, including demonstrated ability to build and promote positive work relationships with production and maintenance teams.
- Good computer literacy (MS Office) and exposure to computer-based production recording and maintenance planning systems.
- Strong equipment reliability experience with a continuous improvement focus.
Together, we are part of the Fletcher Building Group. Our Australian division employs over 5,500 people across manufacturing, distribution, sales and retail sites across Australia. We understand that our people are our greatest asset and as we continue to invest in building engaged and effective teams who deliver great results for our customers, we are guided by our five core values - customer leading, play fair, better every day, be bold, and better together.
If you want to work within a collaborative, results focused environment with a strong team spirit, and you have the above experience, please apply today! We offer a supportive working environment with a great career development platform, and a competitive rate.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply to any of our vacant positions. Talk to us about our flexible working arrangements and career pathways.
How to apply
Interested in joining the Fletcher Building family? Please click the ‘Apply’ button below.
Applications close Thursday 5th September.
Agencies please note: This recruitment assignment is being managed directly by our Fletcher Building Talent Acquisition team. We will certainly reach out to our external partners if we require additional talent options. Your respect for this process is appreciated.