Laminex Australia - A member of the Fletcher Building is a leader in the decorative surfaces industry in Australia; we manufacture and procure a broad range of products for commercial and residential use such as laminate, engineered stone and veneers. We pride ourselves on quality and design. We believe that good design enables good living and our ambition is to make design accessible for every Australian.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Mobile Machinery Mechanic to join us in our Toolara manufacturing site. You will be a part of a close-knit and supportive team. Reporting to the Reliability leader you will play an important role in ensuring all the mobile equipment on site is maintained. Whilst ensuring a committed approach to Health & Safety.
In this role you will:
- Play an important role in ensuring condition of all the mobile equipment on site is maintained according to manufacturer’s requirements.
- Plan, manage and report on the condition and usage of the equipment with recommendation to improve.
- Be responsible for developing, optimising and execution of the maintenance program on the mobile and diesel equipment on site.
- Be outcomes driven with a high degree of tenacity and independent initiative.
- Engaging team members and providing a value adding service in cross functional team environment.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- Australian trade recognised certificate in engineering tradesperson (Mechanical) or Diesel fitter essential.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels.
- Experience in forklift maintenance.
- Knowledge of computerised maintenance management systems.
- Demonstrated time management and project management skills.
- Track record of occupational Health & Safety training.
- C class manual driver's licence.
- EWP and forklift tickets.
Together we are part of Fletcher Building, Australasia’s largest building materials supplier. We manufacture building products; from insulation that keeps homes warm and dry, to cement, the foundation of built structures the world over. We operate retail businesses that distribute these products and many more to tradespeople right across the Tasman.
We employ 5,500 people across our Australian division; we know that our people are our greatest asset and as we continue to promote engaged and effective teams who deliver exceptional results for our customers, we are guided by our five core values - customer leading, play fair, better every day, be bold, and better together.
How to apply
Interested in joining the Fletcher Building family? Please click the ‘Apply’ button below.
Agencies please note: This recruitment assignment is being managed directly by our Fletcher Building Talent Acquisition team. We will certainly reach out to our external partners if we require additional talent options. Your respect for this process is appreciated.