Whilst you can still apply for this role, please note it’s not actively being recruited due to the control measures in place to stop the spread of Covid-19. However as soon as recruitment resumes, we’ll be in touch
Fletcher Building is embarking on a multi-year safety change programme to take our safety programme (Protect) to world-class levels in terms of safety culture, capability and critical risk management. To do this, we have partnered with Dupont Sustainable Solutions (DSS). DSS is a world leader in safety culture and operational excellence with over 50 years’ experience in helping organisations improve operational effectiveness and capabilities through world-class thinking such as the Dupont-Bradley Curve. As a safety professional, this is a once in a lifetime opportunity to learn from the best in the business and join a leadership team that is committed to redefining how we do safety in NZ and Australia.
About the Role
Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) Manager, reporting directly to the GM – Buildings.
The Fletcher Construction Company, part of the FB Group, has a new and exciting role to lead and drive a safety transformation across its business, empowering our leaders to deliver market-leading safety outcomes
You will provide clarity, leadership, direction, planning and control of the environmental, health and safety management performance across the business unit. This is a hands-on role, where you will be integral in setting up and delivering safety at the core.
- Develop and drive safety at the core, ensuring a strong environmental, health and safety culture
- Apply business project methodology to drive successful EHS outcomes whilst ensuring that changes are firmly embedded in the business
- Build & develop effective, collaborative and productive relationships, engaging and influencing stakeholders across the organisation in forming strategies and action plans to continually improve EHS management practices
- Provide EHS leadership, mentorship and support to key stakeholders in the business, creating a motivated and talented environment where EHS goals are focused and achievable
- Maintain thorough knowledge of EHS law, regulations, codes of practice, and best industry practice. Ensuring you are abreast of national trends, international developments and innovation
You will be a seasoned safety professional, with a broad knowledge of the construction industry, you put people at the core, empowering and supporting those around you
- Minimum 10+ years’ construction experience in EHS leadership.
- Experience with ACC management & claims, and the ACC Accredited Programme.
- Proactive and Innovative in driving EHS performance and culture.
- Strong ability to motivate, influence and empower others to achieve individual and organisational goals
- A change maker, keen to play a role in delivering FCC wide EHS programme.
- Happy to be hands on in the front line while the business rebuilds in a considered way
- Access to training & development opportunities across Fletcher Building.
- The Opportunity to build this role from the ground up, setting the culture, and direction on which others will follow as the business grows
You will be joining a business evolving the way it works and looks after its people, and be integral in its future success.
Want to be part of it? Click Apply now to showcase your skills and carve out a rewarding career path with The Fletcher Construction Company.