Laminex Australia - A member of the Fletcher Building is a leader in the decorative surfaces industry in Australia; we manufacture and procure a broad range of products for commercial and residential use such as laminate, engineered stone and veneers. We pride ourselves on quality and design. We believe that good design enables good living and our ambition is to make design accessible for every Australian.
Reporting to the Manufacturing Manager (LPM and Treating) we currently have a new opportunity for an Operations Support Leader based at our Ballarat site. In this role you will be responsible for operational effectiveness of the treating and LPM Lines through systems and procedures development and conformance, operator training and development, problem solving and trouble shooting.
Working very closely with the Manufacturing Manager (LPM and Treating), Reliability Leader and Process Control and Engineering Leader to ensure the area delivers its business plan and targets.
You will be responsible for the regular audits of the area to ensure safety, quality and environmental standards are maintained and delegate corrective actions to staff in the case of any variance.
In this role you will:
- Oversea in making the LPM and Treater lines more productive and cost effective.
- Commit to and reinforce site safety policy and all safety procedures to ensure a healthy and safe work environment is maintained. Perform safety audits when required.
- Reinforce the quality policy to ensure all quality requirements are being met. Perform quality audits when required in consultation with the Process Control Leader.
- Maintain a full knowledge of all area's performances on quality and production requirements on a shift-by-shift and day-to-day basis.
- Along with your Manager you are responsible for the overall plant performance.
- Maintain a full knowledge of any problems that may arise within all production lines.
- Support and mentor all members of work team on the lean tools and principles.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- Proven process knowledge in LPM manufacture or similar industry
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Supervisory qualifications such as Certificate IV in Front Line Management (or equivalent) or the ability to undertake
- Previous experience in managing & coordinating a multi-disciplined workforce - trades, process operators and technical support
- Good computer skills and knowledge of the Microsoft suite (Excel & Word) of products
- Strong understanding of relevant OH&S Act, Regulations, Codes of Practice & Advisory Standards.
- Solid experience in lean manufacturing principles.
Together we are part of Fletcher Building, Australasia’s largest building materials supplier. We manufacture building products; from insulation that keeps homes warm and dry, to cement, the foundation of built structures the world over. We operate retail businesses that distribute these products and many more to tradespeople right across the Tasman.
We employ 5,500 people across our Australian division; we know that our people are our greatest asset and as we continue to promote engaged and effective teams who deliver exceptional results for our customers, we are guided by our five core values - customer leading, play fair, better every day, be bold, and better together.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply to any of our vacant positions. Talk to us about our flexible working arrangements and career pathways.
How to apply
Interested in joining the Fletcher Building family? Please click the ‘Apply’ button below.
Agencies please note: This recruitment assignment is being managed directly by our Fletcher Building Talent Acquisition team. We will certainly reach out to our external partners if we require additional talent options. Your respect for this process is appreciated.