About Laminex Australia:
We’ve been a part of the iconic Australian design landscape for over 85 years. Only a few short years after Australian’s fell in love with Vegemite, families were spreading their toast in kitchens and on tables made by us. We’ve come a long way.
Today, you’ll see Laminex on surfaces everywhere you look - be it hospitals, shopping centres, restaurants or your home. We manufacture and procure a broad range of products for commercial and residential use such as laminate, engineered stone and veneers so that all Australians can live in beautiful, practical spaces.
About the Role:
We currently have a vacancy for a Process Control Leader at our Cheltenham site. The Process Control Leader is responsible for operational effectiveness and improvement of the HPL production facility through systems and procedures development, product QC, problem solving and trouble shooting.
In this role you will work closely with the Manufacturing Manager, Reliability Leader and Operations Support Leader to ensure the area delivers its business plan and targets.
You will focus both on the day to day and longer-term initiatives to continuously improve manufacturing processes and systems with a focus on safety, quality, environment and resource utilization. You are responsible for maintaining product quality control standards and compliance.
A key priority will be the support of the Continuous Improvement and Capital Investment initiatives for the business unit. It will require you to act as a coach, guide and mentor for our diverse team, calling on their knowledge of plant processes, to blend with your expertise, and deliver an improved outcome.
The Process Control Leader is a key contributor to the Management of Change process and Process Safety Systems to ensure that product, process and equipment changes, and their associated impacts, are understood and controlled.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills/ experience:
- Formal tertiary and or trade qualifications will be expected, preferably in Process Engineering, or equivalent field.
- Experience in an industrial environment, preferably in the manufacturing, or related service industry will be necessary with a proven track record in project based work.
- Strong communication and influencing skills.
- Logical & methodical with well-developed problem-solving ability and the ability to prioritise effectively and work under pressure to deadlines
- Confident in carrying out presentation and training of small groups.
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of Lean Manufacturing principles
- Good computer literacy (MS Office) and Exposure to computer-based production recording and maintenance planning systems.
- Sound process knowledge in the decorative composite panels or a similar industry would be advantageous.
- A total commitment to safety and a good understanding of relevant OH&S Act, Regulations, Codes of Practice & Advisory Standards.
Together, we are part of the Fletcher Building Group. Our Australian division employs over 5,500 people across manufacturing, distribution, sales and retail sites across Australia. We understand that our people are our greatest asset and as we continue to invest in building engaged and effective teams who deliver great results for our customers, we are guided by our five core values - customer leading, play fair, better every day, be bold, and better together.
If you want to work within a collaborative, results focused environment with a strong team spirit, and you have the above experience, please apply today! We offer a supportive working environment with a great career development platform, and a competitive rate.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply to any of our vacant positions. Talk to us about our flexible working arrangements and career pathways.
How to apply
Interested in joining the Fletcher Building family? Please click the ‘Apply’ button below.
Applications close Friday 27th September.
Agencies please note: This recruitment assignment is being managed directly by our Fletcher Building Talent Acquisition team. We will certainly reach out to our external partners if we require additional talent options. Your respect for this process is appreciated.