About Laminex Australia:
We’ve been a part of the iconic Australian design landscape for over 85 years. Only a few short years after Australian’s fell in love with Vegemite, families were spreading their toast in kitchens and on tables made by us. We’ve come a long way.
Today, you’ll see Laminex on surfaces everywhere you look - be it hospitals, shopping centres, restaurants or your home. We manufacture and procure a broad range of products for commercial and residential use such as laminate, engineered stone and veneers so that all Australians can live in beautiful, practical spaces.
About the Role:
We currently have a Production Support role open at our Cheltenham site. The primary purpose of the role is to ensure efficient process flow of raw materials supply to production lines within the Cheltenham HPL Plant, along with maintaining accurate inventory and accounting practices, including raw material procurement to service the Cheltenham production lines. In this role your responsibilities will include:
- Developing and implementing procedures to promote inventory accuracy
- Supporting the implementation of the Cheltenham Plant strategic priorities
- Providing education and assistance to individuals and teams to improve understanding of inventory process
- Proactively providing new, creative solutions to business challenges – while also building on existing processes and methods
- Communicating across all levels of the organisation to identify root causes of inventory errors, and eliminating their source
- Analysis of data and inventory trends, and providing recommendations to help improve business performance, profitability and safety
- Collaboration with peers to identify and overcome inventory challenges
- Contributing to a safe, values based workspace
- Contributing to and leading Continuous Improvement projects and activities as required.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills/ experience:
- A proven track record in a similar manufacturing function and role comprising inventory management, product costing and customer service.
- A solid understanding of core business, inventory and accounting practices including financial systems knowledge
- Experienced and competent in stock inventory management, timeliness, accuracy and business analysis
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to communicate across all levels of the business unit.
- Outcome focussed, resilient and adaptable
- A committed customer service mindset
- Advanced MS Office skills
- ERP (BPCS) detailed working knowledge and query writing
- Formal qualifications in Supply Chain or related discipline (preferred)
- FSC/PEFC Accreditation experience (preferred)
Together, we are part of the Fletcher Building Group. Our Australian division employs over 5,500 people across manufacturing, distribution, sales and retail sites across Australia. We understand that our people are our greatest asset and as we continue to invest in building engaged and effective teams who deliver great results for our customers, we are guided by our five core values - customer leading, play fair, better every day, be bold, and better together.
If you want to work within a collaborative, results focused environment with a strong team spirit, and you have the above experience, please apply today! We offer a supportive working environment with a great career development platform, and a competitive rate.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply to any of our vacant positions. Talk to us about our flexible working arrangements and career pathways.
How to apply
Interested in joining the Fletcher Building family? Please click the ‘Apply’ button below.
Agencies please note: This recruitment assignment is being managed directly by our Fletcher Building Talent Acquisition team. We will certainly reach out to our external partners if we require additional talent options. Your respect for this process is appreciated.