Higgins has been in business successfully for 60 years and has developed from being a small regional contractor specialising in road surfacing, to one of the national market leaders in terms of roading construction and maintenance. Higgins over the last 5 years has experienced phenomenal growth especially in the capital projects and maintenance markets and now employs over 1700 people.
Higgins manages the Manawatu state highway network for the Manawatu Network Outcomes Contract (NOC) and we maintain 631 kms of national highway in some of the most challenging terrain in New Zealand.
We are seeking a Project Delivery Manager to lead the development and execution of major and complex projects on the network. In this role you will work closely with our client NZTA, Higgins Divisional Leads and our Professional Services partners to take project from inception to completion.
Reporting to the Project Planning Manager, you will be responsible for all aspects of the commercial and financial performance of projects, variation pricing, client liaison, work programming and project resource coordination.
Key Result Areas of the role:
- Develop a positive relationship with clients and manage work delivery to the Customers’ expectations
- Oversee the procurement of both sub-contractors and suppliers and manage all performance and contractual arrangements
- Ensure adequate documentation, financial reporting systems and administrative processes are in place
- Identification and analysis of problems/faults and appropriate solutions in the field
- Managing project resources including managing and developing efficient work teams
- Ensuring progress of projects is on track using appropriate technologies
- Identify and oversee risk management processes and procedures
- Oversee all variation works including identifying risks and opportunities
- Management of P&L and balance sheet activity
Skills and Experience Required:
- BE, NZCE (Civil) or Diploma in Engineering or equivalent, or near completion
- Understanding of the technical, contractual and financial requirements of the NOC maintenance contract would be beneficial, but not essential.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Project.
- Experience and ability to use RAMM Contractor.
- Being adaptable, flexible and having the capacity to cope with multiple issues
- Commitment to the highest standards of health and safety.
- The ability to lead and motivate teams to meet targets and objectives.
- High level communication and relationship management skills.
- Experience of financial processes with a commercial focus in budgeting management of P&L and cost control
Higgins is part of the Fletcher Building Group which provides access to the Fletcher Benefits Programme, and unrivalled career opportunities in a Group comprising 33 businesses, across 40 different countries.
If you are motivated and results driven with a proven track record in successful management of small to medium sized civil engineering projects we would love to hear from you.
Applications to be submitted online.