As a Project Engineer reporting directly into the Structures Manager, you will be responsible for leading the construction process of a specified sectors of work on the Hamilton City Edge Expressway Project ensuring that performance targets are met for the programme.
• Supervise, mentor and lead up to two direct reports, ensuring delivery of a large section of works on time and within budget.
• Provide technical and temporary works inputs to ensure cost effective and innovative solutions are achieved for the project.
• Review contract documents and understand drawings, specifications and communicate requirements to site team.
• Assist Zone Manager with zone planning including: programme, work methods, procurement, QA and cost control.
• Build and maintain strong working relationships with all relevant internal and external stakeholders.
The successful applicant will have NZQA approved engineering qualification and minimum 4 years of relevant onsite experience.
• Strong technical understanding of civil construction programming, methods and techniques, excellent skills in specialist areas.
• Strong experience and involvement in temporary works, development/implementation of construction plans and methods, quality systems and cost control.
• Solid understanding of quality principles around ISO 9001:2008.
• Outstanding communication and leadership ability
• Demonstrate problem solving & decision making ability.
• Access to training & development opportunities across Fletcher Building.
• Work on one of New Zealand’s most iconic projects.
• Work for one of New Zealand’s most well-known and respected brands!
The Fletcher Construction Company is a leading general contractor, delivering a wide range of projects. The CityEdge Alliance Project, will build the 22km long four-lane wide Hamilton section of the Waikato expressway, connecting Ngaruawahia to Tamahere and Cambridge. The project will comprise of 17 bridges crossing nine local roads, three deep gullies and a busy railway line.
To apply for this role or to see the full range of opportunities available at Fletcher Building, visit fbcareers.com and quote reference FCC/10031779. To learn more about our company go to fletcherconstruction.co.nz.