Higgins specialises in road and infrastructure design, construction and maintenance. Our teams are bonded together by values developed from a family heritage of over 50 years of business success. With over 1600 staff, the Higgins team is currently involved in some of the largest road engineering projects in New Zealand.
Our Palmerston North branch manages local authority and national maintenance contracts, in addition to our traditional contracting operations. We cover a wide area across the Manawatu; and including Rangitikei district’s and Palmerston North City maintenance contracts.
We require a Project Manager to manage designated projects across the Palmerston North contract, with key duties including:
• Managing project resources including managing and developing efficient work teams.
• Ensuring progress of projects is on track using appropriate technologies.
• Identifying problems/faults in the field, and identification of appropriate solutions.
• Pricing and planning for a wide range of projects and management of resources within budget while also ensuring that all targets are met.
Skills and experience required:
• Customer-driven and focussed on delivering value and success for our clients
• NZCE (Civil) or Diploma in Engineering or equivalent or near completion of diploma.
• Experience in all aspects of civil construction/roading with a preference for those with maintenance experience. Knowledge of set-out and quality control is also desirable for this position.
• Strong computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Project and previous experience using RAMM desirable.
• Being adaptable, flexible and having the capacity to cope with multiple issues.
• Commitment to the highest standards of health and safety
• The ability to lead and motivate teams to meet targets and objectives
Higgins is part of the Fletcher Building Group which provides access to the Fletcher Benefits Programme, and unrivalled career opportunities in a Group comprising 33 businesses, across 40 different countries.
How to Apply:
Click on the APPLY button to submit your application