Iplex Pipelines is one of the largest pipe and fittings manufacturing businesses in Australia with manufacturing and distribution capabilities in all states as well as New Zealand. We are part of Fletcher Building, a diversified global building industry company.
We currently have a vacancy for a Project Engineer at our Chipping Norton worksite. The purpose of this role is to provide technical support and expertise to the Iplex Group. Reporting to the National Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for managing improvement projects, primarily in Sydney, and with some travel to our sites across Australia. This is a 12 month, fixed term contract.
Qualifications and Skills
We are looking for:
- A tertiary qualification in mechanical, chemical or electrical engineering
- 5 + years practical experience in the plastics or metal manufacturing industry.
- Exposure to Lean Manufacturing Principles
- A good understanding of the Australian standards for machine guarding would be advantageous.
- The ability to identify weaknesses in a plant and put forward a remedial action plan
- Experience in negotiation with, and management of engineering contractors.
- Rock solid analytical, organisational, decision making and presentation skills
- A strong team ethic, with the ability to provide specific direction as and when required.
- Excellent computer literacy, proficient in AutoCAD, MS Office suite and experience with JD Edwards would be a bonus.
If you want to work within a fluid and dynamic environment with a committed team where the scope for achievement is high, and you have the above skills and qualifications, then please apply today!
Agencies please note: This recruitment assignment is being managed directly by our Fletcher Building Talent Acquisition team. We will certainly reach out to our external partners if we require additional talent options. Your respect for this process is appreciated.