Together, let’s build New Zealand! Join the team at PlaceMakers - New Zealand's leading and largest supplier of building materials! As a business within the Fletcher Building Group that has continually gone from strength to strength; this is a fantastic time to join a team with big plans.
We are looking for a motivated individual to step into the role of a Health & Safety Advisor for the Waikato and Bay of Plenty region which spans from Huntly to Taupo and also covers our Waiheke and Pukekohe branches. This role will be based at our Clarence St., Hamilton branch.
What this role offers:
- Fletcher Building is embarking on a multi-year, safety change programme to take our safety programme (Protect) to world-class levels in terms of safety culture, capability and critical risk management. To do this, we have partnered with Dupont Sustainable Solutions (DSS). DSS is a world leader in safety culture and operational excellence with over 50 years’ experience in helping organisations improve operational effectiveness and capabilities through world-class thinking such as the Dupont-Bradley Curve. As a safety professional, this is a once in a lifetime opportunity to learn from the best in the business and join a team that is committed to redefining how we do safety.
- You will have the support of our Head of EHS and the wider team in this integral role where you will be hands-on in assisting with the implementation of H&S requirements at branch level and will be working closely with Branch Operators, Team Leaders, and our employees to continually develop, improve, and facilitate a strong safety culture
Skills and experience we will be looking for:
- Passion for health and safety and strong interest to be an instrumental part of lifting the benchmark
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to positively increase EHS performance by influencing and coaching
- Strong ability to achieve objectives by engaging other people and will have a collaborative approach to developing and leveraging networks and relationships
- Strong planning, organisational, and follow-up skills
- Hands-on EHS experience within a building, manufacturing or retail environment would be considered an advantage
- Full Class 1 Driver’s licence and flexibility to travel
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package which includes staff buying privileges, employee education fund and discounts on health insurance. Being part of PlaceMakers, you will enjoy the benefits and recognition of working for a high-performing business unit within the Fletcher Building Group. Given that few other organisations can offer the breadth and scope of career development options that we can, this will be a major attraction to someone focused on developing their career. Plus, the Waikato and Bay of Plenty region delivers on all counts. Whether you’re looking to enjoy life by the beach, want to escape to a rural community, or are enticed by the buzz of a vibrant city scene, it's all here!
Here at PlaceMakers, we pride ourselves on valuing our people and believe that they are key to our success. We look out for our employees and customers so if you are keen to immerse yourself in a passionate team embracing change in a pivotal role offering you a real opportunity to make meaningful business impact then click Apply now!