As a Section Engineer - Civils, reporting directly into the Zone Manager, you will be responsible for managing and delivering a mixture of civil works on the Hamilton Expressway, City Edge Alliance Project.
Key responsibilities include:
· Undertake key civil works in accordance with work plan documentation ensuring consultation with the relevant construction and design teams.
· Maintain effective communication and liaise with other zone and project team members.
· Provide assistance to Zone Manager and Project Engineer for planning including: programme, work methodology, procurement, QA and budgets.
· Plan, control and monitor receipt of all materials required for completion of section of works.
· Responsible for upholding high health & safety standards, preparing & developing work packs and JSEAs, monitoring their implementation and progressive sign off for close out of work.
The successful applicant will have NZQA approved engineering qualification and at least 2 years of relevant onsite experience.
· Experience in civil construction works, specifically, earthworks, drainage, utilities, development & implementation of construction plans/methods, understanding specifications, quality systems and cost controls.
· Solid understanding of quality principles around ISO 9001:2008.
· Outstanding communication skills
· Demonstrate problem solving & decision making ability.
· Access to training & development opportunities across Fletcher Building.
· Work on one of New Zealand’s most iconic projects.
· Work for one of New Zealand’s most well-known and respected brands!
The Fletcher Construction Company is a leading general contractor, delivering a wide range of projects. The CityEdge Alliance Project, will build the 22km long four-lane wide Hamilton section of the Waikato expressway, connecting Ngaruawahia to Tamahere and Cambridge. The project will comprise of 17 bridges crossing nine local roads, three deep gullies and a busy railway line.
To apply for this role or to see the full range of opportunities available at Fletcher Building, visit fbcareers.com and quote reference FCC/10028734. To learn more about our company go to fletcherconstruction.co.nz.