Senior Laboratory Technician
Higgins (part of the Fletcher Building Group) is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. Many people have built great careers with Higgins over the last 60 years. As a member of the Higgins Green Team that opportunity is open to you as we work, grow and have fun together building tomorrows New Zealand.
We are looking for a Senior Laboratory Technician to join our Team at our Hunua Laboratory. You will have a science or engineering background specifically working with aggregates, soils, asphalt and bituminous materials.
Reporting to the Lab Manager, you will be responsible for working with the team to accurately and consistently test construction materials related to Asphalt Mix Design development with a complete overview of the design process.
We are looking for someone with good computer skills and most importantly a can-do attitude. You will have a methodical approach to your work, and be able to follow written test procedures and produce reports
Skills & Attributes
• Background in civil engineering technology/or related civil experience
• Laboratory experience including RMA procedures and requirements
• Attention to detail
• Great time management skills
• Bachelor’s degree in construction or science-related field is preferred
• May be required to travel and work in the following locations from Auckland to Waikato, Bay of Plenty, Palmerston North and Hawkes Bay
• Competitive Hourly Rate
• On-going training and development
• Fletchers Benefits Programme, including discounted health insurance, family scholarships & share schemes.
How to Apply
Click on the apply button
Higgins Contractors is committed to providing a safe and drug-free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to pass a drug and alcohol test prior to commencement of employment.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.