As Senior Project Engineer on the PP2O – Peka Peka to Otaki project you will, plan, organise, and control the technical and engineering aspects while ensuring high performance in safety, environment and quality. You will lead the Structures team, with strong people leadership and commercial accumen, supporting their development to deliver key structures on the project
· Responsibility for the development of work packs and JSEA’s including monitoring their implementation, progressive signoff and closeout.
· Ensure effective communication of work packages, deviations, and schedules to project team members, supporting them to execute and achieve project objectives.
· Review contract documents, drawings and specifications ensuring most cost effective and innovative solutions are achieved.
· Work with Senior Project Leads on project planning including, programme, work methods, procurement, quality assurance and budgets.
· Maintain construction schedule in sufficient detail to ensure progress of works can be monitored in terms of overall project objectives and associated milestone dates while managing interface conflicts.
You will be a well-established commercially savvy construction professional with experience leading teams on large civil infrastructure projects. You don't necessarily need to have come from an out and out structures background, you could have a civils background with exposure to strucutures. The key is you will be:
· Strong people leader, with an innate ability to bring teams together and get them working collaboratively to meet objectives.
· Proven problem-solving experience and the ability to provide innovative solutions and ideas to improve efficiency.
· Commercially savvy, proven experience delivering works ahead of schedule and to budget.
· Able to prioritise and execute multiple deliverables, ensuring high levels of communication and accuracy is maintained.
· Relevant tertiary degree and proven NZ experience delivering large civil infrastructure.
What’s on Offer:
· Access to training & development opportunities across Fletcher Building.
· Work on one of New Zealand’s most iconic projects.
· Work for one of New Zealand’s most well-known and respected brands!
The Fletcher Construction Company is a leading general contractor, delivering a wide range of projects. The Peka Peka to Otaki Expressway Project is part of NZTA’s Roads of National Significance Programme and forms the second and final section of the Kapiti Expressway. The project encompassed a newly constructed 13km dual expressway with several major structures between Kapiti town of Peka Peka and Otaki along SH1.
To apply for this role or to see the full range of opportunities available at Fletcher Building, visit fbcareers.com and quote reference FCC/10030320. To learn more about our company go to fletcherconstruction.co.nz.