Laminex Australia - A member of the Fletcher Building is a leader in the decorative surfaces industry in Australia; we manufacture and procure a broad range of products for commercial and residential use such as laminate, engineered stone and veneers. We pride ourselves on quality and design. We believe that good design enables good living and our ambition is to make design accessible for every Australian.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Driver/Storeperson to join us in our Welshpool distribution centre. You will be a part of a close-knit and supportive warehouse team. Reporting to the Despatch Manager you will assist with delivers and day to day operations of the warehouse with a flexible, responsive working style, focused on playing fair. You will ensure a committed approach to Health & Safety.
In this role you will:
- Receiving, picking, packing, and despatching goods to Laminex customers in the metro area.
- Loading and unloading goods using a forklift.
- Assisting with customer deliveries as required.
- Identifying and reporting any distribution issues or hazards.
- Completing paperwork and basic administration tasks using the warehouse management system.
- Ensuring tasks are completed in a safe, timely and accurate manner.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- A valid Forklift Licence (LF) with relevant experience.
- A current truck licence (Heavy Rigid HR).
- HIAB ticket desirable but not essential.
- Strong initiative, customer focus and the ability to work well with a team.
- The motivation to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Good computer literacy and the ability to utilise a warehouse management system.
Together we are part of Fletcher Building, Australasia’s largest building materials supplier. We manufacture building products; from insulation that keeps homes warm and dry, to cement, the foundation of built structures the world over. We operate retail businesses that distribute these products and many more to tradespeople right across the Tasman.
We employ 5,500 people across our Australian division; we know that our people are our greatest asset and as we continue to promote engaged and effective teams who deliver exceptional results for our customers, we are guided by our five core values - customer leading, play fair, better every day, be bold, and better together.
How to apply
Interested in joining the Fletcher Building family? Please click the ‘Apply’ button below.
Agencies please note: This recruitment assignment is being managed directly by our Fletcher Building Talent Acquisition team. We will certainly reach out to our external partners if we require additional talent options. Your respect for this process is appreciated.