Why Join Tradelink?
With a network of more than 200 branches and 150 years in the industry, Tradelink is Australia’s trusted name in plumbing supplies. Our strategy is focused on growing market share with new and existing customers by offering innovative solutions and outstanding customer service.
Tradelink is part of the Fletcher Building Group – an international player in the building and construction industry and offer market leading benefits and a compelling proposition to high performers including the opportunity to:
- Work alongside our industry’s best and grow personally and professionally both on-the-job and through our training and education programs
- Feel valued thanks to our people focus and commitment to our values; protect, be bold, customer leading and better together
- Celebrate working for an organisation that encourages the contribution of all people. We are particularly focused on increasing female participation within Tradelink and the broader plumbing industry
- Make a difference as part of a team that inspires customers to achieve great things
At Tradelink, our branches are busy and vibrant places that play a key role in the lives of everyday people. Our customers are as diverse as our people. From the maintenance plumber to the multi-national construction company; we have a unique solution for everyone! Our Assistant Managers are a crucial link in our customer service promise to our customers and key to success of our stores. Partnering with your Manager, you can expect to complete the following on a daily basis
- Delivering exceptional customer service whether it be over the counter, on a delivery or following up a phone query
- Mentoring and coaching of the team including delegating work, and assisting with complex customer queries
- Taking ownership of key initiatives within the store including safety and promotions
- Working with the branch manager across reporting, review of branch performance and key customer accounts
We want to speak with ambitious and driven candidates who see themselves in leadership roles in their long term future. You could have experience with another plumbing merchant, the hardware or building supplies industry, big box retail or perhaps have been on the tools and want to put those skills to use in a different way. A track record in a leadership or supervisory role is not essential! Most important is your ability to lead by example, display maturity under pressure and a passion for customer service. Our Assistant Managers have access to a broad suite of training and support both on the job and in group learning environments to ensure they reach their full potential.
We review applications as they are received, and this vacancy may be filled prior to the closing date. So, apply today to avoid disappointment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply to any of our vacant positions. Talk to us about our flexible working arrangements and career pathways