- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Higgins
- Job Reference:FCH/22165
- Closing Date:16 Oct 2021
We have an opportunity available for an experienced Surveyor to join our Green Team in Napier.
This is role is predominantly site based, you will enjoy being out and about around the region connecting with the wider team. You will be capable of working autonomously but have the support of your team and the wider business.
• Senior position within a small Surveying team – opportunity to step up in your career
• Company vehicle and competitive salary
• Autonomous role where you can manage your day
• Hard work is recognised - build a career and not just do a job
• Ongoing training and development provided
• Access to Fletchers Benefits Programme, including discounted health insurance, family scholarship & share scheme along with multi-business discounts for you and your family to enjoy
• You will be confident in liaising directly with the client to gather the information you need
• Ability to work with construction drawings and be able to produce setting out data using CAD to transfer accurate set out onto site
• Regular reporting of the progress and construction issues to the Construction Manager and assisting in the preparation of formal reports.
• Ensure accuracy and provide quality assurance of survey data
• Strong understanding of all survey principles and procedures
What you’ll bring to the role:
• 5+ years of relevant New Zealand experience.
• Diploma in Surveying or relevant industry qualification
• Strong communicator, you will be comfortable communicating at all levels
• An understanding of Civil 3D, 12D and LandonLine is advantageous
• Full NZ Driver’s License
Higgins is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. We are on a dynamic growth path with people at the heart of what we do every day. We offer a great working environment, competitive hourly rate, subsidised medical insurance and subsidised education and training for you and your dependents.
Higgins is committed to a drug-free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to pass pre-employment drug and alcohol testing along with a health check.
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Building better roads for safer journeys – He pai ake te hanga o ngā rori, kia haumaru ai ngā haerenga