- Job Type:Full time
- Category:Road Surfacing
- Business Group:Higgins
- Job Reference:FCH/22335
- Closing Date:31 Oct 2021
The Green Team at our branch in Tamaki Makaurau is looking for a permanent full time Sprayer Operator to join the Chipseal Crew.
- Grow and develop in a supportive team who treat each other like Whanau
- Hard work is recognised - build a career and not just do a job
- Stable employment – we have two major contracts including one which is 10 years
- Competitive hourly rate
- Awesome benefits for you and your family to enjoy
- Brand new PPE gear (that’s your own personal protective equipment)
You will be operating a Bitumen Distributor and be part of a 5 - 6 person crew responsible for resealing and maintenance. Work is not always in Auckland as this crew can travel to where their specialist skills are required so work so travel may be required as will some night work.
What you’ll bring to the role:
- Previous experience as a sprayer operator or in chip sealing
- Class 4 with WTR
- Dangerous Goods – ideal we can put you through that if needed
- A safety-first attitude – for yourself and the public
- Team player
- Flexible, committed and reliable – will turn up rain or shine
- Passion for our industry and the willingness to work hard and learn
Higgins is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. We are on a dynamic growth path with people at the heart of what we do every day. We offer a great working environment, competitive hourly rate, subsidised medical insurance and subsidised education and training for you and your dependants.
Higgins is committed to a drug-free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to pass pre-employment drug and alcohol testing along with a health check – you’ll need to be fit for work!
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Building better roads for safer journeys – He pai ake te hanga o ngā rori, kia haumaru ai ngā haerenga
We welcome your individuality. We are enriched by so many nationalities, languages, religions, customs, and lifestyles. We are proud of our diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger.