Commercial Manager (CFO)
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Iplex AU
- Job Reference:IPX/22707
- Closing Date:29 Oct 2021
At Iplex “We Know Water” – Our vision is to solve Australia’s water challenges by partnering with our customers and communities to provide safe, secure and innovative water solutions, today and into the future.
Driven by this renewed focus and mandate for profitable growth, we are looking to engage the very highest quality candidates to enhance our existing teams and ultimately create highly engaged and high performing teams who deliver unmatchable results for our customers.
Since 2011, Iplex has been a member of the ASX listed Fletcher Building Group, focused on building and construction activities. Fletcher Building today employs over 16,000 people in Australia, New Zealand and the South Pacific. The Fletcher Building operations span manufacturing, distribution and retail, home building and major construction and infrastructure projects.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
You will partner with the General Manager of Iplex Australia to deliver the business strategy, remain nimble, assess opportunities and lead the redefinition of the Iplex Australia business. This is an opportunity to be part of an exciting growth strategy, an amazing leadership team and a business that sees innovation and sustainability as an essential part of their business now and in the future.
This key role reports to the Fletcher Building Australia Divisional CFO and will be responsible for leading the commercial management function for the Iplex Australia business, ensuring the provision of accurate and cost-effective commercial decision support to the business. In addition, this role will provide leadership and management to a team across AR, AP, Factory Accounting and Financial Accounting.
The role requires an experienced Commercial Manager with demonstrated experience in the achievement of longer-term strategic goals and objectives at a Business Unit, Divisional and Corporate level.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide commercial finance business partnering support to the Divisional CFO and General Manager
- Manage the overall budget in conjunction with the General Manager and the Senior Leadership Team
- Establish and develop financial targets, including development of the long-term business plan
- Lead strategic financial analysis for decisions related to operations ensuring full transparency of costs and non-financial implications
- Identify and drive measurable cost improvement opportunities, and actively contribute to improvement projects and initiative
- Performing financial simulations, costings, estimates and evaluations of business cases
- Prepare, publish and perform analysis of financial KPI data, and transferring this knowledge to relevant stakeholders in order to promote understanding
- Analyse competitors and the wider market, to ensure strategy relevance and to unlock potential market opportunities
- Support compliance and best practice across the business
- Alignment to Fletcher Building company values and a total commitment to health and safety
To be successful you need to be a commercially minded business partner with a thirst for driving growth and influencing across the Senior Leadership Team. In addition, you will:
- bring demonstrated commercial and strategic experience from a manufacturing environment (essential)
- be comfortable working at both an operational and strategic level and will need to be able to deliver on multiple projects simultaneously
- hold appropriate professional qualifications (CA, CPA or equivalent relevant non-accounting qualification i.e. MBA) coupled with substantial experience in a similar leadership role
- have strong communication and influencing skills as well as an inquisitive nature and the courage to challenge the status quo
- be a strong team player with a history of delivering results in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment
- have strong commercial acumen and be able to demonstrate experience in balancing contract risk and return
- have extensive experience in effective development, management and control of budgets and monthly results
- have proven track record on driving strategic and transformational agendas and deliver meaningful improvements
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply to any of our vacant positions. Talk to us about our flexible working arrangements and career pathways.