Supervisor - Chipseal
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Higgins
- Job Reference:FCH/23474
- Closing Date:03 Aug 2022
We are looking for an experienced Chipseal Supervisor, who will be involved in overseeing the civil work on projects.
Key responsibilities include, delivery of projects on time, achievement of targeted results and optimisation of resources. Along with client liaison and work programming and site management while complying with all appropriate legislation, company policies and procedures and industry best practice.
As an experienced, resilient people leader, you will have relevant experience within this highly competitive industry along with a demonstrated background in an environment that has a strong safety culture.
Key skills and attributes:
• In-depth knowledge of aggregates, surfacing (hot mix and chip-sealing) with a technical understanding of these materials and their applications
• Demonstrated leadership with a coaching and influencing emphasis
• You’re an excellent communicator both verbally and written and a person who can build long standing relationships
• You’re a detail oriented, well organised person with the ability to prioritize, coordinate and simultaneously maintain multiple projects
In Return We Offer:
• A competitive remuneration, company vehicle along with Fletchers Benefits Programme, including discounted health insurance, family scholarships & share schemes and lots more!
• Learning and development opportunities
• An opportunity to work in a dynamic and progressive organisation
Higgins is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. We are on a dynamic growth path with people at the heart of what we do every day. We offer a great working environment, competitive hourly rate, subsidised medical insurance and subsidised education and training for you and your dependents.
Higgins is committed to a drug-free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to pass pre-employment drug and alcohol testing along with a health check – you’ll need to be fit for work!
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Building better roads for safer journeys – He pai ake te hanga o ngā rori, kia haumaru ai ngā haerenga.