Showroom Team Leader - Gore
- Job Type:Full time
- Category:Customer Service
- Business Group:PlaceMakers
- Job Reference:PMK AD/26577
- Closing Date:10 Jun 2022
Help us build New Zealand! PlaceMakers is New Zealand's leading and largest supplier of building materials to New Zealand’s commercial and residential construction markets.
We’re looking for someone with the passion to ensure that we continue to be the leading supplier for everyone from the home DIYers to larger construction businesses. We have a wide variety of customers who come into our Gore branch and it’s up to us to make sure we deliver outstanding service to each and every one of them.
As first point of contact in our showroom, you will interact daily with our customers who are the heart and soul of our business. You will be a people person thriving most when supporting our customers so they get a winning in-store experience. You will build and maintain effective relationships with them by being solutions focused, offering product support and technical information. You will also play a vital part in direct sales with customers, getting orders pulled and ready for dispatch, and merchandising and maintaining aisles within the showroom.
Skills and Experience Required:
• Proven experience in a customer service and/or retail sales environment
• Strong interpersonal skills with a bubbly personality
• Ability to build rapport with people from all ages and backgrounds
• Motivated, self-driven and able to work independently
• A strong focus on performance and dedication to support our valued customers
• Competent computer and numeracy skills
• Useful knowledge of our products, or the building industry is highly advantageous
• Proactive and able to think on your feet and under pressure
This is a full-time role 40 Hours per Week with one rostered Saturday per month.
Please note: A pre-employment medical, including drug test will be required as well as the legal right to work in NZ indefinitely.
We are proud of the incredible diversity of people who make up our business! As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees across our national network of branches throughout New Zealand.