Fletcher Reinforcing supplies the reinforcing steel and reinforcing mesh that provides greater strength to concrete foundations and structures. We are market leaders in the supply of reinforcing throughout New Zealand. Our team have a passion for the Fletcher Reinforcing brand and a drive to be the best in the industry. This means we are constantly striving to deliver the highest level of service to our wide range of customers around the country.
Fletcher Reinforcing is looking for a skilled Production Team Leader to join our Mount Wellington site. Reporting into our Processing Manager, this exciting position will focus on providing leadership across production & manufacturing parts of our business with a strong focus on Health and Safety. If you have manufacturing leadership and experience we want to speak with you!
Key responsibilities of this roles include:
- Championing Health and Safety to your team, on our afternoon shift
- Managing production and supporting the day to day operations and providing your team with training, coaching and development opportunities
- Ensuring that Procurement and Stock Control is aligned with the Fletcher Reinforcing standards
- Drive dispatch function to achieve maximum efficiency in a timely manner
- To safely achieve the desired quality and quantity of production on shift
- Immaculately communicating with our customers and stakeholders and dealing with escalations
What you need:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar Leadership position
- At least 5 years within a production/manufacturing environment
- Experience in logistics and loading
- Passionate about improving current processes and procedures
- Health & Safety focused
- Strong communication abilities – both verbal and written
- Computer literate, especially within Excel
- Opportunity to join a stable business with established relationships and investment in the best people and machinery
- Great team culture with ongoing training and development
- Excellent package
We value your experience and skills, but to succeed in this team you will also need to demonstrate the qualities we value as an organisation. We are looking for people who thrive working in a team environment, who are there for each other during challenges and successes. People who put the customers first and are always thinking about innovative ways to solve business and customer needs. Our people act with integrity, are down to earth, open and honest and always looking for ways to improve.
If you have the right skills and interested to know more about the vacancies, please submit your application and cover letter and the team will be in touch with you to discuss further. All candidates must have permanent working right in New Zealand.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply to any of our vacant positions. Talk to us about our flexible working arrangements and career pathways.