About Laminex Australia
We’ve been a part of the iconic Australian design landscape for over 85 years. Only a few short years after Australian’s fell in love with Vegemite, families were spreading their toast in kitchens and on tables made by us. We’ve come a long way.
Today, you’ll see Laminex on surfaces everywhere you look - be it hospitals, shopping centres, restaurants or your home. We manufacture and procure a broad range of products for commercial and residential use such as laminate, engineered stone and veneers so that all Australians can live in beautiful, practical spaces.
About the Role
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated individual to join our team as a Product Planner for HPL (High pressure Laminate) and Compact. Based in Doncaster, your role is primarily responsible for production process flow, producing cutting lists to send to the shop floor in order to service customer requirements.
As Production Planner you will
Monitor and replenish stock levels to ensure stock is on hand to meet customer demand
Manage manufacturing capacity and monitor site workload, taking appropriate action including rescheduling orders and advising of overtime etc. as required
Process manufacturing orders including releasing orders and printing order labels
Collaborate regularly with various internal stakeholders including customer service, production, sales and purchasing teams to ensure exceptional customer service levels are maintained to produce cutting lists for manufacturing
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Experience in a similar production planning role with previous exposure to building products industry
- A good understanding of sales manufacturing planning processes
- Solid understanding of product manufacturing lead times, manufacturing cycles, factory working hours and capacity, and any manufacturing limitations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills
ABOUT THE REWARDS
With operations in Europe, Asia, The Americas, Australasia and the South Pacific, there’s a world of opportunities waiting for you at Fletcher Building. In addition to global career development pathways you will have access to:
- Staff Discounts – health insurance, banking, optical, travel, technology, car rental and more!
- FBuShare – a share scheme allowing you to feel ownership of the business in which you work Learning Academy – an award winning learning academy supporting your career development.
- Employee Education Fund – a Private Trust Fund managed independently of Fletcher Building to provide funding for education and training to employees and their dependants.
- FB Excellence Awards – recognising, celebrating and sharing the best achievements in leadership, innovation, performance excellence and customer service.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply to any of our vacant positions. Talk to us about our flexible working arrangements and career pathways.