Humes is the largest pipeline systems supplier in New Zealand and a very successful business unit within the wider Fletcher Building Group. Humes operate 7 manufacturing operations and 23 sales centres throughout New Zealand.
This is a full-time entry level role, based at our factory in Rolleston. Hours of work are Monday to Friday, 6 a.m. until 5 p.m. Some extra hours may be required.
- Preparing, assembling, checking and cleaning moulds
- Making reinforcing cages and pouring concrete
- Inspecting products for defects and repairing them where possible
- Understanding drawings for each product manufactured
- You will constantly be learning new skills to improve work methods and product quality
Required Skills & Experience
This role is suited to someone that enjoys manual labour and isn't afraid to get their hands dirty.
- You must be hardworking and determined
- Be reliable and work well in a team environment
- Physically fit and able to lift objects up to 25 kilograms in weight
- Safety focused
- Positive attitude
- Clean driver’s licence
- Full training provided
- Future career opportunities
- Great staff benefits
- Free parking
- A great opportunity to get into permanent full time work
- Pay increases through a Skill Based Pay system
Applicants must have permanent residency or New Zealand citizenship to apply and must be able to pass a pre-employment alcohol/drug and criminal check.