Stramit Building Products is a leading Australian manufacturer of steel building products including roofing, walling, gutters and fascia, purlins, flooring, structural formwork and roller doors. Stramit also owns three distribution and franchise businesses in the pre-engineered building market including Fair Dinkum Sheds, ShedBoss, and SOL Home Improvements.
About the Role:
We currently have a vacancy for a Production Manager at our plant in Queanbeyen. In this role you will be responsible for developing and leading the production and loading team in order to meet the requirements of Safety, Customer Service and Business plan objectives, in an environment that promotes Operational Excellence, continuous improvement, professionalism and innovation to maximise company profits and reduce costs. You will also work closely with our external transport provider to maximise the level of customer service.
You will be proactive in recommending and implementing improvement initiatives, and ensuring housekeeping and safety standards are of the highest level.
Our ideal individual will have the following skills and experience –
- Demonstrated leadership experience in a manufacturing environment – this is an essential requirement.
- Strong Mechanical and technical aptitude
- A Fitter Machinist trade would be advantageous
- Extensive understanding of planning procedures and transport allocation methods
- Strong Safety focus with a preventative/proactive approach and the ability to manage any OH&S issues to resolution
- Effective leadership skills including coaching individuals and developing teams to achieve organisational objectives
- Conflict resolution skills
- Consultative hands on approach with a diverse workforce
- Demonstrable Knowledge and experience of Lean Manufacturing principles
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate and influence across all levels of the business unit.
- Experience with roll forming systems is desirable.
- Good computer literacy, proficient in MS Office suite
Together, we are part of the Fletcher Building group with more than 21,000 employees globally. Our Australian division employs over 5,500 people across manufacturing, distribution, sales and retail sites across Australia. We understand that our people are our greatest asset and as we continue to invest in building engaged and effective teams who deliver great results for our customers, we are guided by our five core values - customer leading, play fair, better every day, be bold, and better together.
If you want to work within a collaborative, results focused environment with a strong team spirit, and you have the above experience, please apply today! We offer a supportive working environment with a great career development platform, and a competitive rate.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply to any of our vacant positions. Talk to us about our flexible working arrangements and career pathways.