As a result of growth and a strong forward workload, we are seeking a motivated Project Manager to join our team in Kapiti.
This exciting role will require the successful candidate to have a good understanding of Civil Construction, particularly in the roading industry. In this role, your key focus will be on pricing, customer and site management and delivering project excellence within road construction. To succeed in this role, you must have a can-do attitude, take pride in your work and be willing to make a difference.
- Lead pricing, planning, programming and tendering for a wide range of projects and management of resources within budget while also ensuring that all targets are met
- Identify and solve problems/faults in the field
- Play a lead role in quality assurance, claiming and reporting
- Manage project resources
- Focus strongly on Environmental Health and Safety within the Branch
- Develop efficient work teams and passionately develop staff
- Ensure progress of projects is on track using appropriate technologies
Skills & Experience Required:
- BE, NZCE (Civil) or Diploma in Engineering or equivalent or near completion of diploma.
- Experience in all aspects of civil construction/roading. Knowledge of set-out and quality control is also desirable for this position.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Project.
- Being adaptable, flexible and having the capacity to cope with multiple issues.
- Commitment to the highest standards of health and safety
- The ability to lead and motivate teams to meet targets and objectives
Higgins has been in business successfully for 60 years and has developed from being a small regional contractor specialising in road surfacing, to one of the national market leaders in terms of roading construction and maintenance. Higgins over the last 5 years has experienced phenomenal growth especially in the capital projects and maintenance markets and now employs over 1600 people.
Higgins is part of the Fletcher Building Group which provides access to the Fletcher Benefits Programme, and unrivalled career opportunities in a Group comprising 33 businesses, across 40 different countries.
If you want to build on your career, be part of a supportive team and have the required skills, attitudes and experience to be successful in this role, please apply online today.