Dimond has a team of 130 staff over 9 branches who are passionate about roofing, cladding, rainwater, flooring and structural products. For over 50 years we have been a leading supplier to the New Zealand construction industry. As a member of Fletcher Steel we are always striving to improve our offer and to provide New Zealand with quality products and service.
We are looking for an experienced Machine Operator who can provide consistent quality as well as flexibility in the role based in Mount Wellington.
You will be responsible for:
- Operate a roll forming machinery for the production of roofing and flooring profiles
- Organise production schedule as provided by production planner
- Ensure most efficient run times and machine changeovers, and minimum product waste
- Cut and manufacture product to customer’s requirements
- Accurately record material usage, production of prime, downgrade and scrap
- Set up and run products according to specification, measure quality and sign off standards
- Operate under Fletcher Steel Safety guidelines (EHS)
- Accurate loading of all products for dispatch
Our ideal machine operator will;
- Be technically minded and comfortable in a workshop environment
- Have an excellent H&S attitude
- Previous forklift operation is ideal
- Ability to communicate both verbal and written
What we offer:
- Day shift and afternoon shifts available, with overtime as required
- Confidently work within a team environment
- Initial training provided
- Competitive salary
In return, you have the opportunity to work within the Fletcher Building banner and have the added benefits of ongoing training and development and internal career opportunities.
We are committed to providing a safe and drug free work place. Successful applicants will be required to pass a drug and alcohol test prior to commencement of employment. All applicants should have residency in New Zealand and hold a F endorsed licence would be highly favourable.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply to any of our vacant positions. Talk to us about our flexible working arrangements and career pathways.