Laminex Australia - A member of the Fletcher Building
We’ve been a part of the iconic Australian design landscape for over 85 years. Only a few short years after Australian’s became happy little Vegemite’s, families were spreading their toast in kitchens and on tables made by us. We’ve come a long way.
Today, you’ll see Laminex on surfaces everywhere you look - be it hospitals, shopping centres, restaurants or your home, our team spend their day designing products so that all Australians can create beautiful spaces.
Reporting to the production manager and based at our Monkland site we are currently looking for an experienced Operations Leader with particleboard manufacturing experience. You will build for the future, a performance culture with service excellence and ensure a committed approach to Health & Safety.
In this role you will:
- Manage the operational effectiveness of the Production Lines within the Monkland structure through systems and procedures development and conformance, operator training and development, problem solving and trouble shooting.
- Partner with the Production Manager, Maintenance Manager and Technical Manager to ensure the area delivers its business plan and targets.
- Foster day to day and longer term initiatives in the area to continuously improve safety, quality, resource and materials utilisation, environmental standards staff skills and competencies.
- Be the support of the Continuous Improvement and Operational Reliability initiatives in relation to plant uptime and output that will require a close working relationship with maintenance and support staff. It will require the incumbent to act as a coach, guide and mentor for production staff calling on their knowledge of plant processes and people supervision.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- Solid background and experience in a leadership role.
- Strong process knowledge in particleboard or similar industry.
- Supervisory qualifications such as Certificate IV in Front Line Management (or equivalent) or the ability to undertake.
- High literacy & communication skills.
- Previous experience in managing & coordinating a multi-disciplined workforce - trades, process operators and technical support.
- Formal qualification’s in health, safety and environmental or demonstrated experience in health, safety and environmental implementation and monitoring - desirable
Together we are part of Fletcher Building, Australasia’s largest building materials supplier. We manufacture building products; from insulation that keeps homes warm and dry, to cement, the foundation of built structures the world over. We operate retail businesses that distribute these products and many more to tradespeople right across the Tasman.
We employ 5,500 people across our Australian division; we know that our people are our greatest asset and as we continue to promote engaged and effective teams who deliver exceptional results for our customers, we are guided by our five core values - customer leading, play fair, better every day, be bold, and better together.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply to any of our vacant positions. Talk to us about our flexible working arrangements and career pathways.
How to apply
Interested in joining the Fletcher Building family? Please click the ‘Apply’ button below.
Agencies please note: This recruitment assignment is being managed directly by our Fletcher Building Talent Acquisition team. We will certainly reach out to our external partners if we require additional talent options. Your respect for this process is appreciated.