Are you at the stage of your career where you feel ready to step into a very busy Ops Management role? Roles like this are a springboard into other key opportunities within the organisation which we typically grown from within. So if you are looking for an opportunity and a company which can provide you with an exciting future then you should really consider getting in touch.
We have a rare opportunity to bring in new talent and this a great time for an existing Ops Manager or a proven leader and advocate of operational excellence to step in to this prime position to help oversee operations at our Taupo and Rotorua branches. The role will be based in Taupo and will require travel to Rotorua usually once a week.
- We will be looking to you to keep the site operating at a high standard and ensuring customer satisfaction and levels of service remain an area of priority at all times.
- Your role will lead business and process improvements in the Showroom, Drive Thru and Yard areas as well as Inventory & Dispatch.
- You will be responsible for the recruitment, coaching, and development of staff (about 30 in total) as this is critical to ensure standards are met/exceeded.
- You roles will cover Health and Safety so in order to be better every day, performance reporting and continuous improvement of existing policies and procedures will be a key requirement.
Skills and Experience we will be looking for:
We are looking for an individual who is highly self-motivated and customer-focused and you will have a proven track record of meeting & exceeding operational goals and KPI’s. You will:
- Be a natural leader with tested people management experience and the ability to engage your teams to continually look to be better.
- Have the ability to build collaborative partnerships internally and externally will be a key strength you will be able to leverage this from day one.
- Previous experience in a trade or retail environment would be an advantage.
In return, the successful candidate will be joining a well-respected brand with big plans and a clear strategy ahead. If your goal is to continue to grow your career options and track towards further management or even Branch Operator roles, this is an opportunity you really should consider. You will receive a competitive salary and benefits package that come with being part of the wider Fletcher Building group. Plus, working in Taupo and Rotorua means being at the heart of a wonderful outdoor environment! Indeed great places to work and play!
PlaceMakers is New Zealand's leading and largest supplier of building materials to New Zealand’s commercial and residential construction markets. Part of New Zealand’s largest listed company, Fletcher Building, we employ more than 2,100 people in over 60 locations across the country and stock more than 100,000 product lines from concrete to paint and plasterboard.