You will work primarily work within our timber yard and customer pick up area. This is a busy role where you will interact with our customers and contribute to the success of our hardworking and dedicated team. Your focus will be to provide prompt, efficient and friendly service to our building and trade customers.
On a daily basis, you’ll also assist with the following:
- Monitoring stock, cycle counts and much more
- Loading of goods on to customer vehicles
- Assisting the Trade/Yard Manager as directed to ensure an efficient warehouse is maintained
- Operating a Forklift
- With an outgoing personality and positive attitude, you enjoy building rapport with customers and putting a smile on their face
- Attention to detail and computer literacy
- Multi-tasking and being organised are desirable attributes for this role.
- A current Forklift Licence and some industry experience are desirable for this position.
- Due to the nature of the role, you will be required to be at a level of physical fitness as some lifting is involved
- While previous building or warehousing experience would be an advantage, what matters more is your positive attitude and willingness to learn.
What’s in it for you?
This is an exciting time to join our journey as we grow our people and business. On offer is an attractive hourly rate, a safe and rewarding environment to work in, great people to work with, coupled with genuine career opportunities, and a solid, progressive and growing business to represent. Plus, working in Taupo means being at the heart of a place distinguished by its lakefront setting and wonderful outdoor environment! Indeed a great place to work and play!
Please note - A full clean NZ Drivers Licence and pre-employment medical/drug assessment is required. Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.