Fletcher Building is a leading building solutions organisation made up of people who use all their eperience, skills and individuality to do amazing work. Today we employ over 16,000 people across New Zealand, Australia, and the South Pacific. We manufacture building products, operate retail businesses that distribute these products, and build homes, buildings, and infrastructure that create communities, improve productivity, and contribute to the quality of life forpeople living and working in cities and regions across our markets.
Our Learning & Organisational Development function is charged with delivering initiatives focused on growing talent and embedding a strong performance culture.
About the Role
This role is responsible for supporting and managing specified L&D project initiatives and programmes, including Health & Safety as well as Governance & Environment courses. A key part of the position is assisting the Learning & Development Manager: EHS & Governance and wider OD team to deliver key strategic learning development opportunities that are pragmatic and customer focused.
Role responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Support and manage specified Fletcher Building L&D initiatives/programmes
- Develop, manage and track progress on project plans for each learning initiative so it is clear ‘who, what, when’ is required
- Work collaboratively with both internal and external stakeholders to ensure initiatives and programmes are relevant, timely and meets business needs
- Ensure existing training is tracked and evaluated and appropriate systems are utilised (e.g. Aspire)
- L&D co-ordination including logistical and administration support for specified learning events/programmes/forums including planning, booking, travel, communications etc.
Our successful candidate will have a genuine care and interest for health and safety, and be highly motivated to make a real difference in this space.
You will also have strong experience developing content/curriculum that enhances learner knowledge, and skills, and be well practiced at creating frameworks to implement a full learning solution across a variety of evolving delivery channels.
Experience delivering training experiences in ways that are both effective and engaging utilising different delivery methodologies and experience in learning processes and HRIS/LMS systems will also be important (Cornerstone on Demand experience is preferred).
Additional skills required include:
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to relate to people at all levels of the organisation and from different backgrounds is imperative
- Ability to prioritise and use initiative when required
- Exceptional communication skills
- Commercial acumen, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Being able to compare, collate and manipulate data/information, identifying key issues, weighing all options and risks
- Perform and operate at the highest level by demonstrating maturity, discretion and professionalism
- Strong attention to detail is a MUST
- Proven project coordination skills and the ability to deliver key projects within complex, de-centralised business environments
- Organisational and time management skills
You will be joining a driven and engaging team at an exciting time when the business has a growing need for a broader curriculum of Governance & Environment and Health & Safety courses than currently available, which requires us to develop and design new learning experiences in conjunction with internal and external providers.
Want to be part of it? Click Apply to showcase your skills and carve out a rewarding career path with Fletcher Building.