Rocla – A member of the Fletcher Building Group is a leading Australian supplier of concrete solutions to the building and construction industry. We merged with our sister company Iplex Pipelines in 2018 and together we are one of the largest Australian suppliers of pipes, fittings and civil infrastructure solutions with a combined 176 years’ of experience and a national footprint that can manufacture and distribute in all states.
Reporting to the Customer Service Manager, we are currently looking for an experienced Dispatch Supervisor who will facilitate day to day requirements of the Mackay site’s Dispatch function. You will be responsible for creating daily dispatch plans ensuring the optimisation of the delivery process.
This role will require you to be conscious of truck capacity and liaise with transport providers, customers and external teams to ensure product is delivered in-full and on-time. Critical to the role will be the ability to build good relationships with internal and external customers. You will ensure a committed approach to Health & Safety.
In this role you will:
- Expertly manage the Despatch Planner to assure all scheduled deliveries are enacted in-full and on-time.
- Manage the yard team, including yard safety and team performance.
- Proactively contact all Customers to confirm transport scheduling for their delivery and manage any/all Customer initiated changes directly on JDE.
- Build and confirm delivery loads accurately and in a timely manner ensuring all issues are proactively communicated and managed.
- Act on the Customer Service queue when required and support Customers with general enquires and/or transfer to the appropriate area as per business protocol.
- Create, and follow through to win/lose, quotations (cash sales) within designated authority levels whilst assuring adherence to Rocla trading terms.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- Well-developed ability to plan, coordinate and organise work effectively in a fast paced environment subject to change.
- Ability to manage and lead a small team.
- Proven interpersonal skills, with the ability to liaise effectively with a wide and diverse range of stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience and skills in Customer Service.
- Previous experience in a Despatch or Logistics role/function.
- Intermediate knowledge of the MS office applications.
- Experience in JDE.
Together we are part of Fletcher Building, Australasia’s largest building materials supplier. We manufacture building products; from insulation that keeps homes warm and dry, to cement, the foundation of built structures the world over. We operate retail businesses that distribute these products and many more to tradespeople right across the Tasman.
We employ 5,500 people across our Australian division; we know that our people are our greatest asset and as we continue to promote engaged and effective teams who deliver exceptional results for our customers, we are guided by our five core values - customer leading, play fair, better every day, be bold, and better together.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply to any of our vacant positions. Talk to us about our flexible working arrangements and career pathways.
How to apply
Interested in joining the Fletcher Building family? Please click the ‘Apply’ button below.
Agencies please note: This recruitment assignment is being managed directly by our Fletcher Building Talent Acquisition team. We will certainly reach out to our external partners if we require additional talent options. Your respect for this process is appreciated.