Fletcher Reinforcing supplies the reinforcing steel and reinforcing mesh that provides greater strength to concrete foundations and structures. We are market leaders in the supply of reinforcing throughout New Zealand. Our team have a passion for the Fletcher Reinforcing brand and a drive to be the best in the industry. This means we are constantly striving to deliver the highest level of service to our wide range of customers around the country.
We have an excellent opportunity for a Steel Fixer to work at sites across Auckland on some of our major infrastructure projects.
You may be an experienced Steel Fixer looking for a change or you may be a labourer/tradesperson looking for a new challenge. Either way you will have an awareness of hazards on site as well as knowledge of health and safety procedures.
You will have experience with;
- Cutting, tying, inserting ground beams, constructing columns and other forms, cage-making, laying floor slabs etc.
- Interpreting drawings and producing high quality work
- Selecting suitable materials
- Dealer with customers and providing a quality experience
- Working safely and efficiently, meeting quality standards
- You will be hardworking, trustworthy and reliable with a good team attitude!
In return you will receive;
- Ongoing training and full support from a positive and highly engaged management team
- Career development opportunities
- An excellent compensation package available
- The opportunity to work within the Fletcher Building banner
We value your experience and skills, but to succeed in this team you will also need to demonstrate the qualities we value as an organisation. We are looking for people who thrive working in a team environment, who are there for each other during challenges and successes. People who put the customers first and are always thinking about innovative ways to solve business and customer needs. Our people act with integrity, are down to earth, open and honest and always looking for ways to improve.
If you have the right skills and interested to know more about the vacancies, please submit your application and cover letter and the team will be in touch with you to discuss further. Applications will be reviewed as they are received, and successful applicants will be required to pass a drug and alcohol test prior to commencement of employment.