Fletcher Reinforcing supplies the reinforcing steel and reinforcing mesh that provides greater strength to concrete foundations and structures. We are market leaders in the supply of reinforcing throughout New Zealand. Our team have a passion for the Fletcher Reinforcing brand and a drive to be the best in the industry. This means we are constantly striving to deliver the highest level of service to our wide range of customers around the country.
We are looking for a Logistics and Planning Superstar to join our Hamilton based team! Our Logistics, Planning and Procurement Controller will be working with our brand-new IT Solution Arma+ to manage the efficient production scheduling, material requirements and delivery of our customer’s products.
The role encompasses our manufacturing facilities in Hamilton and Tauranga, focussed on continuous improvement and optimisation as we striving to be “Better every day”.
Your key responsibilities will include:
Planning and Scheduling:
- Developing daily and weekly production plans and schedules to effectively utilise machine, people and material requirements;
- Track and monitor planned versus unplanned scheduling;
- Ensure that production plans drive production and delivery to meet customer requirements
- Work cohesively with freight providers to organise and schedule deliveries
- Ensuring effective communication to internal and external customers as well as informing customers the progress of manufacturing and delivery
- Ensure that physical stock is accurately reflected in Arma+ through stock take and cycle counts
- Implement systems and processes that ensure accurate recording, management and visibility of stock related data and movements
- Analyses stock take variances and provides analysis to the management team and provides recommended actions to minimise or eliminate variances
- Planning procurement requirements and liaising with key suppliers to ensure material requirements are met as required.
- Previous planning experience and utilised planning systems
- Computer literate, with advanced IT system capabilities and an analytical approach
- Have a methodical approach whilst being adaptable to unforeseen delays
- Immaculate communication skills with the capability to communicate on all levels
- Possibly a process engineering or similar background
- Be keen to learn and improve the current procedures
- Analytical – get behind the numbers to drive regional productivity and optimisation
If this sounds like you then please apply today! Applications will be reviewed as they are received, and successful applicants will be required to pass a drug and alcohol test prior to commencement of employment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply to any of our vacant positions. Talk to us about our flexible working arrangements and career pathways.