Stramit Building Products - A member of the Fletcher Building group is a major Australian group of companies including, Taurean Doors, Sol Home Improvements, ShedBoss and Fair Dinkum Sheds that supply roof and wall cladding, guttering, fascia, purlins, flooring, and structural formwork.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Afternoon Shift Supervisor to join us in our Newcastle manufacturing site. You will be a part of a close-knit and supportive team.
Reporting to the Production Manager you will lead the afternoon shift loading & manufacturing teams in order to meet the requirements of safety, customer service and business plan objectives, in an environment that promotes continuous improvement, professionalism and innovation to maximise company profits and reduce costs. Whilst ensuring a committed approach to Health & Safety.
In this role you will:
- Ensure all product is loaded for next day’s delivery and to ensure correct behaviour and manage performance.
- Recommend and implement improvement initiatives and to ensure housekeeping and safety standards are of the highest level in all areas of responsibility.
- Allocate duties according to planning schedule to ensure timely execution as efficiently as practicable.
- Maintain key operational performance KPI’s, implementing corrective actions as required
- Coach employees in improving Delivery In Full On Time performance.
- Conduct daily / weekly toolbox meetings and ensure monthly safety meetings are held ensuring all employees are informed about relevant issues.
- Hours for afternoon shift are 4pm to 12am Monday to Friday.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- Strong Safety focus - preventative/pro-active approach.
- Demonstrated leadership and delegation skills – able to build strong culture of team work.
- Experience in the implementation of 5S & Lean Manufacturing programs.
- Strong understanding of logistics/inventory skills along with capacity planning.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
Together we are part of Fletcher Building, Australasia’s largest building materials supplier. We manufacture building products; from insulation that keeps homes warm and dry, to cement, the foundation of built structures the world over. We operate retail businesses that distribute these products and many more to tradespeople right across the Tasman.
We employ 5,500 people across our Australian division; we know that our people are our greatest asset and as we continue to promote engaged and effective teams who deliver exceptional results for our customers, we are guided by our five core values - customer leading, play fair, better every day, be bold, and better together.
How to apply
Interested in joining the Fletcher Building family? Please click the ‘Apply’ button below.
Agencies please note: This recruitment assignment is being managed directly by our Fletcher Building Talent Acquisition team. We will certainly reach out to our external partners if we require additional talent options. Your respect for this process is appreciated.