As the Asphalt Contract Manager your role will be to lead the successful bidding and delivery of asphalt projects and contracts. This will include overseeing the asphalt branch function, asphalt production and plants, projects and contracts including all aspects such as commercial performance, client liaison, work programming, budget control, procurement and site management while complying with all appropriate legislation, company policies and procedures and industry best practice.
You will be an experienced, resilient people leader with relevant experience within this highly competitive industry along with a demonstrated background in an environment that has a strong safety culture
If you are looking for your next opportunity, then this is what we think you will need to be successful in this role:
• Relevant qualifications or significant industry experience
• In-depth knowledge of aggregates, surfacing (hot mix and chip-sealing) with a technical understanding or these materials and their applications
• Commercial and financial acumen within a competitive industry
• Operational management – planning, resource allocation and coordination
• Experience with the Construction Contract Act and knowledge of how to apply NZS3910
• High level communication, relationship building, stakeholder management skills with the ability to influence
We are a leader in roading and infrastructure, across NZ and the South Pacific. With strong growth potential we have all the benefits of a large organisation, with the heart of a smaller close-knit, values-based business.
Higgins is a proud member of the Fletcher Building group of companies. We offer a competitive hourly rate, Employee Welfare Fund, Share Scheme and an Employee Education Fund to help you and your family reach educational aspirations.
This is a great time to be joining us we are excited by the opportunities and investment in the industry and need someone who is just as excited to get involved and bring our Teams on the journey